Why Study a Short-Term Course in the UK?
Students who want to learn more in less time may find short-term courses in the UK to be appealing options. Accelerated short-term courses provide intensive instruction in a particular subject. They are less expensive than degrees that last a year and typically last 1 to 6 months. The UK is one of the best places in the world for education, offering more cutting-edge programmes than any other country. For a taste of academic life there, many Indian students enrol in summer school or short-term courses in the UK.
You should enroll in short-term courses in the UK for the reasons listed below:
- Personality development: Interacting with other international students who are interested in the same things as you does wonders for your self-assurance.
- Communication Skills: Enrolling in a short-term course in the UK guarantees that you will fully develop all of your communication, English proficiency, and targeted skills.
- The ideal length of time to travel independently throughout the UK is provided by short-term courses, which last no longer than six months.
- Seeing the UK: Discover the UK Vacations are a hidden benefit of short-term courses. You attend the class for a few hours each day, but the rest of the time is yours to explore the United Kingdom and its culture.
|Program||Duration||Eligibility||Tuition Fees in INR|
|Furniture Design for Beginners||6 Weeks||12th||37984|
|Footwear Design Short Course||2 Weeks||12th||77602|
|Animation and Illustration Portfolio Preparation Short Course||1 Week||12th||63307|
|Branding & Identity Design Short Course||5 Weeks||12th||47378|
|Graphic Design Short Course||1 Week||12th||54321|
|Fashion Buying and Merchandising Intensive Short Course||1 Week||12th||56772|
|Business Analytics||3 Weeks||12th||230112|
|Sustainable Finance & Climate Change||2 Weeks||12th||156675|
|Pre-University – Humanities Short Course||2 Weeks||12th||391117.|
Popular short-term medical and health courses offered in the UK
Due to the rapid advancement in the health and medical fields, the UK is now one of the top countries in terms of medical knowledge.
Check out the course details here:
|Short-term course||Offered by|
|Introduction to Psychology- 21 days||University of Warwick|
|Immunology of Tropical Diseases- 1 month||Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine|
|Health Promotion- 14 days||Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine|
|Revolutions in Biomedicine- 1 month||Imperial College London|
|Human Anatomy- 5 months||University of Glasgow|
|Clinical Psychology and Mental Health- 19 days||University of Sussex|
|Return to Practice (Nursing)- 2 months||City, University of London|
|Principles of Respiratory and Thoracic Care- 3 months||Anglia Ruskin University|
|Child Nutrition- 14 days||Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine|
|Pain Management- 3 months||Anglia Ruskin University|
Visa Requirements for Studying in the United Kingdom
Depending on the nature of your short-term course in the UK, you can apply for one of two types of UK visas.
- To study English in the UK for a short duration, apply for a short-term study visa. This visa is valid for English courses lasting 6 to 11 months.
- Other courses lasting less than six months require you to apply for a UK Visitor Visa. This visa allows you to stay in the UK for a period of six months.
- In either case, the letter of acceptance is an important document that you must include with your UK visa application.
The Cost of Studying in the United Kingdom
Short term courses have lower tuition fees because of their shorter duration. The average tuition fee ranges between Rs. 43,570 and Rs. 5.10 lakhs.
Aside from the cost of studying, the cost of living in the UK is also prohibitively expensive for Indian students. Again, the cost of living is determined by the city in which you choose to pursue your short term course in the UK. Rent in London, for example, is 51.22% higher than rent in Oxford. An Indian student would spend Rs.1.03 lakh per month on short-term courses in the UK on average.
For more information on studying management courses in the UK, please connect with our study abroad partners today!